Duo Multi-factor Authentication
Keeping you safe and knowledgeable about potential spam on and off-campus is a top priority. To enhance security measures at TXST, Duo Multi-factor Authentication will now include an option to report fraudulent authentication attempts when the "call me" method is used for your account.
Please note the Duo authentication call options have recently changed and you can no longer press any number to authenticate your call.
If you choose the "Call Me" option in Duo when you log in to a service, you must press 5 to confirm the logon attempt or press 0 to report the authentication attempt as fraudulent. Pressing any other number will disconnect the call and you will need to restart the log in request.
Install Duo Mobile app
- Enroll my Mobile Phone Device
- Enroll my Android tablet or iPad
- Enroll my Landline (Office or Home) Telephone
After enrolling at least one device, how to log in
- Log into Duo with a Phone Call
- Log into Duo with a Key Fob Hardware Token Passcode
- Log into Duo with a Push to the Duo Mobile App on my Mobile Device
- Log into Duo with a Text Message Passcode on My Mobile Phone Device