How to Generate a Passcode on My Mobile Phone Device using Duo
If you select Duo App - Passcode as your authentication method, you use a six-digit authentication code generated by the Duo Mobile app to authenticate. Internet or cellular access is not required. This will work on smartphones and tablets.
- Go to the Online Toolkit.
- If you have more than one device, in the drop down menu, click a device associated with your mobile phone device. Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
- Click Enter a Passcode. A message banner displays at the bottom of the window.
- Open the Duo Mobile app, and tap the down arrow.
- A six-digit passcode displays.
TIP: Clicking on the passcode will copy it to the clipboard.
- Enter the code on the authentication screen and click Log In.
Congratulations! You have logged into Duo text message passcode on your mobile phone device.