Virtual Private Network (VPN) Support
Quick Guide to When VPN is Required (and when it's not)
Below is a quick guide to which services need VPN and which do not. We ask that you do not use VPN unless you need it to access necessary services. Connecting VPN will not secure your general web browsing. It only secures your access to specific TXST services.
- Banner Admin
- DEV or QUAL Environments
- Remote Desktop Connection (for connecting to your work computer on campus)
- SAP Business Client
- Software Center
- UDrive and Department Share Drive
- alternately, VPN is not required when accessing via WebFiles
A VPN connection is not required to access many cloud services. Please do not connect to VPN to use these services:
All faculty, staff, and students (in specific academic classes) can setup a VPN connection via F5 Remote Access. VPN service is intended to provide connectivity to university assets that are not otherwise available while away from the TXST network.
F5 Remote Access VPN can be used on the below device types. To learn more, see the F5 Compatibility Matrix. NOTE: Chromebooks using the F5 Chrome extension can access limited VPN connectivity; however, the connection will be limited.
Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard and later
Tablets and Phones
- iOS versions (iPhone)
- iPad (iPad)
Follow these steps to get connected:
- Go to https://remoteaccess.txstate.edu.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Login.
- Complete Duo login.
- Follow the prompts to install the scanning protection software, then follow the prompts to connect to VPN.
After you have connected to the VPN, you can access several IT services such as the ones listed in the Quick Guide above.
Need help? Contact us.