How to Access a Windows Computer from a Mac using Remote Desktop
Before You Begin
- Set up the Windows computer you're going to be remoting to using this how-to article.
- Download, install, and run F5 VPN.
NOTE: If it is not already installed, you will need to install Microsoft Remote Desktop. You can check this in the Applications folder. If installing on a personal computer, go to Apple App Store and download the Microsoft Remote Desktop. If installing on a TXST computer, install Microsoft Remote Desktop using Jamf.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop and click the PCs tab.
- Click the + button and select Add PC.
- For the PC name, enter the host address of the Windows computer you want to access.
NOTE: You can also give this computer a Friendly name.
- Click the Display tab. From the drop-down menu, change the Resolution to 1920x1080 and check the Start session in full screen box.
- Click the Devices & Audio tab. Check the Printers box.
- Click the Folders tab. Check the Redirect folders box.
- Click the + button and select a local folder (e.g., your Desktop). Click Add.
- Double-click on the listed PC to start the remote connection to your Windows computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully accessed a Windows computer with a Mac using Remote Desktop.