How to Add Zoom Meetings into TRACS
Using the External Tool feature, add a Zoom meeting directly in TRACS to allow your students to quickly access your class meeting.
When setting up the External Tool, enter a launch URL for the tool,a key, and a secret. These values are available online in your Zoom account. Make sure not to reveal these values to the other members of the site.
|Required Zoom Information||Where To Find It In Zoom|
|Your Zoom meeting join URL (Zoom weblink)||Located in My Meetings|
|Key||Located at the bottom of My Meeting Settings|
|Secret||Located at the bottom of My Meeting Settings|
- In Site Info, using the Manage Tools, add the External Tool.
- In the Tool List, click LTI Tool Name, and click Edit.
- In the Remote Tool URL text field, enter your Zoom meeting URL.
- In the Remote Tool Key text field, enter the Zoom key.
- In the Remote Tool Secret text field, enter the Zoom secret.
- In Set Button Text text field, enter Zoom.
- In Set Tool Title text field, enter Zoom.
- Click Update Options.
The Zoom app will be prompted to open which indicates your set up is complete.