Zoom Video Conference Pre-Event Checklist
To ensure your upcoming Zoom event goes smoothly, follow the checklist below:
- Computer or mobile device
- Internet connection
- Webcam (optional - required for video)
Test Your Equipment
- Log in to the computer or mobile device and launch Zoom
- NOTE: This may require Zoom app installation
- Start a meeting
- Launch the "Test Speaker and Microphone" feature to test your computer or mobile device audio
- Do you hear a ring tone?
- Speak and pause. Do you hear a replay?
Test Your Meeting
- Log in to Zoom via the app or browser as the meeting host
- Locate the "Join" link and start your meeting
- Test your equipment
- Test features you plan to use during the meeting including:
- Screen sharing
- File transfer
- Test your meeting link (txstate.zoom.us/j/MEETINGID)
- Write the meeting ID for reference
- Log out of Zoom and close all browsers
- Re-launch your web browser and click the meeting link
- Did the meeting link allow you to join?