How to Network Connect for Mac Users
Authorized Texas State users can use the Network Connect feature of the Texas State Secure Access web site to make a secure access connection to the Texas State network such that they can map to network drives on campus. This will be useful to Mac OS X users at home that want to access a network drive as they do at work.
The user will need to contact the IT Assistance Center to get his/her NetID authorized for Network Connect access. ITAC will need to contact the System Admins on the user"s behalf.
NOTE: Before proceeding to access Network Connect, make certain that pop up blocking is turned off in the browser as follows:
- Safari: Go to Safari menu, and remove the check next to Block Pop-up Windows
- Firefox 3:
- Go to the Firefox menu and select Preferences...
- Click the Content tab.
- Remove the check next to Block pop-up windows OR click the Exceptions... button next to it.
- Type in "ive1.txstate.edu" and click Allow.
- Close the preference windows