How to Join TXST-Home
There are two steps needed to join the TXST-Home network:
Step 1. From a mobile device or computer, go to Texas State Connect and obtain a passcode. You will need a NetID and password.
Step 2. From the gaming or media device, connect to TXST-Home and enter the passcode.
Follow these instructions to join the TXST-Home network:
- From your mobile device or computer, go to Texas State Connect.
- On the home screen, click Start.
- Click Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Enter your NetID (e.g., zzz99) and password, and click Login.
- Click TXST-Home.
NOTE: Only Texas State residents can get a passcode. If you live on-campus and do not see this option, contact ITAC for assistance.
- Click your residence hall zone.
- The passcode needed to log into your gaming or media device will display.
- Each passcode can be used on one device only.
-The passcode will become active in about 5 minutes.
-You must use the passcode in 20 minutes or it will expire.
- If you need to connect multiple devices, click Start Over, and complete the steps again to obtain a passcode for each device.
- On the media or gaming device, go to the Wi-Fi network settings, and tap TXST-Home.
NOTE: If you are not sure how to find the device's Wi-Fi network settings, consult with the device manufacturer's instructions or support.
- In the password section, enter the passcode given to you on the Texas State Connect screen.
NOTE: Please allow up to 5 minutes for the passcode to become active.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected to the TXST-Home network!