How to Log into NetID 2-Step with a Duo Key Fob Hardware Token Passcode
Key fob hardware tokens are ($20.00 + tax) and available at the ITAC Walk Up Center. Key fob hardware tokens should be used in the following instances:
- an employee does not have a personal or departmental phone
- an employee will be traveling to areas without cell service and needs access to NetID 2-Step
Key fobs are assigned to individual employees for use with NetID 2-Step. Departments interested in purchasing multiple tokens should contact ITAC.
CAUTION: This is the only type of key fob that can be used with NetID 2-Step.
Follow these steps to log into NetID 2-Step with a key fob hardware token passcode:
- Go to an online service that requires NetID 2-Step login.
- If you have more than one device, in the drop down menu, click the device called Token.
- On the key fob device, press the button to reveal a new passcode.
NOTE: The passcode will change for each login attempt.
CAUTION: Enter the passcode quickly, as the passcode will display for 30 seconds and then disappear. Once it’s gone, pressing the button again will reveal a new passcode.
- On the computer screen, click Enter a Passcode.
- In the text field next to Log In, enter the passcode, and click Log In.
Congratulations! You have logged into NetID 2-Step with a Duo key fob hardware token passcode.