How to Add a New Mobile Phone Device to my Duo Account
NOTE: This process is for faculty, staff, and student employees who have enrolled at least one device in Duo and would like to add another device.
Step 1. On your mobile device, install the Duo Mobile app.
- Go to your app store, search for Duo Mobile, and install the app.
- If asked, allow the Duo Mobile app to send notifications to your phone.
Step 2. On your computer, begin Duo enrollment.
- Go to the Online Toolkit.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Logon.
CAUTION: If you automatically receive a prompt (e.g., call or push), click Cancel.
- On the Duo screen, click Add a new device.
You will be asked to confirm that it’s really you by performing an existing Duo login.
- Using a device that you currently have enrolled, complete the Duo login.
- Click Mobile phone, and click Continue.
- In the drop down menu, click a country.
- Enter your mobile phone number, click the checkbox to confirm the correct number, and click Continue.
- Next to the appropriate phone type, click the radio button, and click Continue.
Step 3. Scan the barcode and complete enrollment.
- On your mobile device, open the Duo Mobile app.
- Tap Add Account.
A barcode reader opens.
- On the computer screen, click I have Duo Mobile installed.
A barcode displays.
- To scan the barcode, hold your mobile device up to computer screen. Once scanned, a green check box displays on the computer screen’s barcode. Also, in the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device, Texas State University displays.
- On the computer screen, click Continue.
- Click Done.
Congratulations! You have successfully added a new mobile phone device for Duo login.