How to Add a New Mobile Phone Device to my NetID 2-Step Account
NOTE: This process is for faculty, staff, and student employees who have enrolled at least one device in NetID 2-Step and would like to add another device.
Step 1. On your mobile device, install the Duo Mobile app.
- Go to your app store, search for Duo Mobile, and install the app.
- If asked, allow the Duo Mobile app to send notifications to your phone.
Step 2. On your computer, begin NetID 2-Step enrollment.
- Go to the Online Toolkit.
- Enter your NetID and password, and click Logon.
CAUTION: If you automatically receive a prompt (e.g., call or push), click Cancel.
- On the NetID 2-Step screen, click Add a new device.
You will be asked to confirm that it’s really you by performing an existing NetID 2-Step login.
- Using a device that you currently have enrolled, complete the NetID 2-Step login.
- Click Mobile phone, and click Continue.
- In the drop down menu, click a country.
- Enter your mobile phone number, click the checkbox to confirm the correct number, and click Continue.
- Next to the appropriate phone type, click the radio button, and click Continue.
Step 3. Scan the barcode and complete enrollment.
- On your mobile device, open the Duo Mobile app.
- Tap Add Account.
A barcode reader opens.
- On the computer screen, click I have Duo Mobile installed.
A barcode displays.
- To scan the barcode, hold your mobile device up to computer screen. Once scanned, a green check box displays on the computer screen’s barcode. Also, in the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device, Texas State University displays.
- On the computer screen, click Continue.
- Click Done.
Congratulations! You have successfully added a new mobile phone device for NetID 2-Step login.