How to Change your NetID Passphrase and Validate a New Personal Email Address
- Go to the Texas State home page.
- Under More Tools, click Online Toolkit.
TIP: When using a mobile device, tap Menu to display More Tools.
- Enter your NetID and password. Click Login.
NOTE: If you are enrolled in NetID 2-Step, select your preferred NetID 2-Step authentication method to continue to the Online Toolkit.
- Click Change Password.
- Select the No radio button.
NOTE: Answering no means that you will be required to validate your personal email address.
- Enter a new personal email then re-enter the same personal email.
- Click Send Confirmation Email.
NOTE: The system will send a one-time-use link to your personal email address.
CAUTION: Depending on your personal email service, this email may take several minutes to reach your inbox. If you don"t see it within 15 minutes, look in your junk or spam folder.
- Read the email and click the link contained in the email. A new web browser window or tab opens.
- On the One-Time-Use Link Validation screen, enter your date of birth. Click Validate.
- Click the checkbox, I agree to comply with the...
- Enter your Old Password.
- Enter and re-enter your New Passphrase.
- Click Submit.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed your NetID passphrase and validated your personal email address.