How to Activate your NetID and DEV Password
- Go to the DEV Online Toolkit.
- Click Activate your NetID.
- Choose an Identifier Type (NetID / Texas State ID or SSN / ITIN).
EXAMPLE: NetID (e.g., zzz99) or Texas State ID (e.g., A12345678).
- Enter your identifier and date of birth in the appropriate boxes.
- Enter the code shown in the image on the screen, and click Next.
- Enter your last name, social security number, and personal email address in the appropriate boxes, and click Validate.
TIP: Your personal email address is any non-Texas State email address that you manage (e.g., Gmail or Yahoo). Setting this up allows for you to reset a forgotten DEV password in the future.
NOTE: Depending on information stored in Texas State SIS and HR systems, your screen may present different identity validation options from what you see below.
NOTE: The system will send a one-time-use link to your personal email address. Depending on your personal email service, this email may take several minutes to reach your inbox. If you don’t see it within 15 minutes, look in your junk or spam folder.
- Read the email and click the link contained in the email.
NOTE: A new Web browser window or tab will open.
- On the One-Time-Use Link Validation screen, enter your date of birth, and click Validate.
- Check the "I agree to comply with the information security, appropriate use, and other policies of Texas State University" checkbox.
- Enter and re-enter a DEV passphrase.
NOTE: Consider creating a passphrase that is at least 15 characters long. See passphrase best practices.
CAUTION: Create a password that is different from your QUAL or PROD password. Using the same password across DEV, QUAL, and PROD environments are against information security best practices.
- Click Submit.
Congratulations! You have successfully activated your NetID and DEV password.