How to Read Your Texas State Email on an Android
- Open your Email app.
- Enter your Texas State email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Tap Manual setup.
- Tap Exchange.
- Re-enter your Texas State email address and password. Enter TXSTATE\your NetID (e.g., TXSTATE\zzz99) for Domain\username and outlook.office365.com for Exchange server.
NOTE: If Domain and username are split into two boxes, enter TXSTATE in the Domain box and your NetID in the username box.
- Check the Use secure connection (SSL) check box. Tap Next.
- Select the information you wish to synchronize. Select Automatic or Push from the sync email drop down menus.
NOTE: Automatic or Push must be selected for your Texas State email to work on your Android.
- Tap Next when you are finished.
- Name the email account and tap Done.
TIP: If you have more than one email on your Android, give the account a name that is easily identifiable.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Texas State email on your Android.
TIP: If your mailbox does not connect. Under Domain\username, try these options:
txstate\yourNetID@txstate.edu (e.g., txstate\email@example.com)
txstate.edu\yourNetID@txstate.edu (e.g., txstate.edu\firstname.lastname@example.org)
\yourNetID@txstate.edu (e.g., \email@example.com)