Bobcat Digital Signs
About Bobcat Digital Signs
OnSign is the preferred digital sign software at Texas State. This all-in-one solution offers intuitive menus and simple wizards to guide users through a streamlined process of publishing content to multi-region layouts (slides) organized into campaigns. Sign editors with minimal design or technology experience can create engaging messages using the OnSign tools and easily import graphics and media from other sources like PowerPoint.
- Available to: Faculty and Staff
- Where to use: Public-facing areas on campus
- Cost: Varies
- Displays are commercial grade and are designed to run several hours a day.
- Players use a standard image for use by computers in the digital signage environment. The player computer is a small platform usually mounted directly behind the display and secured to the back with display brackets.
- Content ensures sign editors have a rich platform that supports the display of native PowerPoint files, standard graphics, movie files, web pages and RSS feeds, in addition to custom content created in the application itself. Creative design for the content is provided by individual departments.
- Department-owned and managed
- Purchase of standard digital sign equipment required
- Purchase of OnSign license required
- Advertising does not run on these displays
- Learning Spaces Design (A/V) Consultation
- Initiate a digital sign consultation. We offer initial consultations with an approximate estimates at no cost.
- OnSign Access
- Request editor access to an existing OnSign player.
- Purchase a new OnSign player license
- Request an OnSign player license for a new digital sign.
- Advertising Request
- Learn more about purchasing advertising on Plus players.
See the below help for step-by-step instructions and training opportunities on how to use Bobcat Digital Signs. Also see these frequently asked questions.
- Adjust image aspect ratio
- Create content with image composition
- Create file folders
- Delete media files
- Display PowerPoint presentations
- Set transparent backgrounds
- Track file usage on campaigns
- Upload media files
NOTE: All apps will be added by selecting your shared department folder from within the TXST Departments folder in your content area.
You can select another area, but this would require that you duplicate this app into the shared department folder. This is where others in your department can access this content to be used in campaigns.
- Add apps
- Add clock apps
- Add finance apps
- Add media cycling apps
- Add meeting room apps
- Add movie apps
- Add social media apps
- Add text and scroller apps
- Add QR codes
- Add weather apps
- Display live TV
- Display streaming videos
- Embed websites
- Embed YouTube content
- Make app backgrounds transparent
- Using RSS feeds
- Add a restriction to a campaign
- Add a restriction to a campaign within a playlist
- Add audio to a campaign
- Add files, media, and apps into playlists
- Create a campaign
- Create a campaign playlist
- Create complex playlists
- Create custom screen layouts
- Create tag for a campaign
- Create tags for the player tab
- Cycle campaigns
- Delete a campaign
- Duplicate campaigns
- Move a campaign
- Organize campaigns in folders
- Remotely view campaigns
- Reorder campaigns
- Search for campaign by tags
- Set campaign duration
- Using timeline
Publishing & Editing Campaigns
- Create player groups
- Define campaign on loop
- Pause campaign
- Pause campaign feedback on a group of players
- Pause campaign feedback on specific devices
- Play campaigns on demand
- Publish campaign
- Publish campaign for a specific time period
- Publish campaign playlist
- Publish campaign to start at specific time
- Publish campaign to tagged players
- Publish tag filtered campaigns
- Unpublish campaign
- Use categories to distribute campaign