Remote Learning and Collaborating Resources for Students
last updated: 05/06/2020 (2 p.m.)
Texas State Alerts and Updates
- See the latest TXST Statements and Resources on COVID-19
- Adobe Creative Cloud apps are now available to Students to install on personal computers. The original May 31 deadline has been extended to July 6.
The IT Division delivers and ITAC supports a variety of services to connect you with classmates, faculty, and staff, so teaching and learning will be uninterrupted.
- U.S. providers offer free Wi-Fi for 60 days
- Spectrum offers free Internet for Students for two months
- Carriers suspend Internet data caps during Coronavirus
- Internet providers pledge to “Keep Americans Connected” during the COVID-19 crisis
- Broadband, Wireless Industries Pledge to Keep a ‘Social Distancing’ Nation Connected
- AT&T Suspends Broadband Data Caps During Coronavirus Crisis
- Verizon’s networks stand ready for increases in data traffic
- Comcast Announces Comprehensive COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected to the Internet
- Helpful Tips to Improve Your Internet
Get setup with these tools and services:
- Update your laptop or desktop to the latest operating system.
- Install and run anti-virus software for Windows and Mac.
- Install Microsoft 365.
- Store files in OneDrive.
- Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (PDFs).
- Install Adobe Creative Cloud Apps (available through July 6)
- Install SPSS Statistics for Students (available through September 30)
- Install the Zoom desktop and mobile apps.
- Install the Texas State Mobile app.
- Install the TRACS Mobile app.
- Install the Canvas Student app.
- Install and setup the Duo Mobile app (Student Employees).
- Sign up for TXST Alerts.
- Also see our software catalog.
Being prepared ahead of time will help you flawlessly transition from the physical classroom to online classes. Now, you're ready to learn from virtually anywhere!
- Work in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint in real time with others via OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Send and receive email via Outlook for Windows or Mac.
- Send and receive chat messages via Teams.
- Learn to use a variety of software and tools with LinkedIn Learning.
- Use additional IT software and services available to TXST Students.
- Keep up with University Libraries remote resources and library access.
- Watch our new Getting Started with Zoom recorded session.
- Learn how Zoom is supporting teaching and learning during COVID-19.